Sunday, October 4, 2009

a traveller comes home

Yesterday, my mom returned from a week and a half trip to the States--if she didn't get to see you, don't be offended, she didn't even make it to the Bay Area (except to fly in and out of SFO)! It was mainly for a college counseling conference (ooh, alliteration. My English teachers would be proud) and a get-together in Idaho that had been planned since before we even knew about Switzerland.

But, it did give her the opportunity to stock up on things we've been suffering without. Peanut butter, for one (if you guys hadn't already guessed, from my plethora of posts about this incredible food item, I can't really live without it), which is perfect, as I was just running low on the amazing stuff I received in my vegetarian survival kit from Sara. Peet's Coffee, for another. While Switzerland has adopted the phenomenon that is Starbucks, they haven't picked up on the even better phenomenon that is Peet's. And while the coffee here is good, the majority of it is super super super strong espresso--which is good for those days you stayed up late studying for a ridiculous AP Euro test the night before, but not ideal for your average morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment