Monday, August 31, 2009

dancing finally

I've finally managed to take a ballet class here!! And after two plus weeks of vegetating, even the uber beginner class had my legs shaking (think this might be a sign or something?). Still, I was so glad to be dancing again.
I took at a small school in downtown Versoix (where my CDL is) called Dance Art. To be quite honest, I wasn't too thrilled with the studio... let's just say the nine-year-olds wobbling around en pointe on bent knees had me cringing inside. But it was certainly a cool experience to take class in French. Ocasionally, the teacher would say a few things in English, but the majority was French. Of course, seeing as ballet is mostly French anyways, it wasn't too much of a difference. But, it was nice to hear all the ballet terms actually pronounced correctly (not that I blame my fabulous U.S. teachers. For the life of me, I cannot manage a French accent)!

I'm still searching for a decent school, but this is a start. As long as I can dance somewhere, it doesn't really matter where.

2 comments:

  1. some of those girls do look kinda young.....

    I'm sure you impressed them, shaky legs an' all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the general rule (at least in the states) that only girls 12 and up should wear pointe shoes? Something about ankle development...hmm

    Fingers crossed that dancing works out! :)

    ReplyDelete